1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod size error

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by afisher63, Feb 13, 2007.

1. afisher63

afisher63 Member

My ipod (using itunes 7.2) shows the 80 gig video ipod to have a 478gig capacity (in the itunes 7.2 window) , and since its been doing this has not been able to update the ipod. I tried restoring to the defaults , but all this acheived was to wipe the ipod clean and stop any updating . Now each time I connect the itunes wants to go through the "setup ipod screen.
    Not sure what to do

Andrew

2. garrybx

garrybx Member

Hello,
    Im also having the same problem. I have 2 ipods both 2gb... and they both show up in itunes as 31.47gb. I can't get any music onto them....

Ive updated and restored both a few times.... I've uninstalled itunes and reinstalled...... have now tried the ipods on 3 seperate PC's - no joy.

current itunes version is: 7.02.16

Anyone offer any help with this one???
    garryb

3. bkim

bkim Member

the iPods might have a corrupted hard disk.

and you're saying updating the iPods aren't working?
    hmm interesting.

call Apple up and ask them what's up

4. afisher63

afisher63 Member

I have managed to transfer my files to another PC and sync it with this one without the error . Therefore the problem must be with itunes . However I have removed itunes (on the original PC using add/remove progrqms in the control panel) and reinstalled wiht the problem remaining . Thus there must still be itunes files on the PC that are corrupted . Anyone got thoughts on how to do a complete removal of itunes

5. garrybx

garrybx Member

Im not convinced itunes reinstall will help you but its worth a try.

I reinstalled back to the original V6 itunes.

Ive now aquired 4 ipods for this error..... 2 work absolutely perfect, 2 dont. I've tried them on my own PC, my laptop and my office PC - the outcome is that 2 work perfectly each time, and 2 don't as explained before.

I've ben to http://theipodmedic.com/ - which was handy..... but untimately didnt help.

One of the ipods will be getting tossed in the bin. the other is a few weeks old - so I will return that one.

afisher63, good luck with yours mate, if you solve the problem - please post here with your solution.

gb

6. garrybx

garrybx Member

I believe for a itunes reinstall you should use add/remove programs.... then delete the folders it creates in my documents>my music and program files...

gb

7. captj

captj Member

8. garrybx

garrybx Member

Ahhh - never thought of that!!

It fixed one of the Ipods.... not the other it is still gubbed
    Cheers for that one.
    gb

9. captj

captj Member

yup no prob. i had that problem a while back, but someone on the apple board helped me with that.