1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod syching problems

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by mike915, Oct 4, 2010.

1. mike915

mike915 Member

I recently updated to iTunes 10. When I plug my ipod in to synch it will not load the playlists that I have created. It will load the checked songs but not the playlists. Any ideas??

2. MaryLau

MaryLau Member

Do you use the manual sync or does iTunes synchronize your iPod automatically? If its automatically, just switch to the manual sync mode and drag your playlists to your device. If it doesn't work, just try to add playlists with an alternative - like this one - to see if the problem is the iPod or iTunes.

3. erer002

erer002 Member

1.Plug the USB connector cable from your iPod into your computer. iTunes should start automatically after this step. Should it not, open the program manually.
    2.Create a playlist. Before you can sync a playlist on an iPod, you will first have to create playlists. This can be done automatically for you by iTunes, or you can do this manually by selecting individual songs.
    3.To create a playlist, click on the "File" menu. Select "New Playlist" and create a name for your playlist. This name should appear in the side bar menu under the heading "Playlists."
    4.Go into your music library by clicking on the "Music" tab under the "Library" heading on the side menu. Add songs to your playlist; right-click on them individually or several at a time.
    5.Click on the "iPod" icon in the side menu. This will open your iPod music library.
    6.Autofill your playlist. At the bottom of the iPod library screen, click on the arrow menu titled "Autofill From." This will allow you to fill your iPod with songs from any playlist you choose.

More about the column of iPod Transfer. There are some articles which are about alternative software applications (besides iTunes) to manage iPod contents.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011