1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod - various

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by richardag, Feb 20, 2011.

1. richardag

richardag Member

I have tried various mp3 players,but have found apple ipods the best - questions

1)is there an mp3 player available bigger than 120gb?

2)when an ipod is full,is it possible to start filling a second ipod on the same pc?

thanks for any help you can give.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. Mez

Mez Active member

1) 160g
    2) Yes

I don't know why so may persons want to keep so much of their library on the device. I think you need a better sync app.

I think Apple devices are much over priced but I do admit the ipod is hard to beat for performance. I particularly like them for audio books. That is when they really shine.

I have a 4g nano and a 8g Sansa View. Both hold plenty enough music for me. I do remove 50% of the tunes on the 4g monthly as not to 'wear out' the music. The flash players have up to 8 times more battery life than a disked system. I find it takes forever to find what you want on a 120g player.

3. Geeks

Geeks Member

I think Apple makes the best portable music devices, compared to any mp3 players in the market today.
    160 GB is the largest today, but there will be higher GB devices in the near future.
    Fill a 2nd iPod? You can fit thousands of songs on your first one. But if you insist on doing so, I would play around with iTunes. I am not too sure if it would work, but I don't see why not.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I do agree they make the best players but are way over priced. There are many problems with the huge players. For one they tend to die much, much faster than the flash players. It is a pain in the ass to find ANYTHING on a player with 10,000 artists with that damn wheel. It will probably take you minutes to find what you want EVERY time you want to play something.

itunes pretty much sucks for everything. In the last review I read, it was rated less than WMP. That is REAL bad. I don't like that you spend an extra minute to boot your computer whether you are going to use itunes or not. It is so slow they load QT during start up because it takes too long. Apple knows you would hate it if you had to wait that long for itunes to load. Apple are F-ing weasels!

5. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

basically love my 160gb ipod classic £163 for 160gb thought it was over priced would never part with it now

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Micko How long have you had it? If you got one when they first came out they were still consistently making good ones. A year or two later many had disks dying within the warantee period.

7. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

About 3 years its the silver one same size as 30gb ipod classic lol cheaper to buy those ones as far as the cases covers skins are concerned, i'd love a touch but 3546 Albums on itunes 32gb and 64gb no way near enough space. bugger the touch screen lets go for a 1TB IPOD lol

8. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

Although the iPod Classic holds quite some space for your music, the big trouble is that this device is prone to hard disk failures. I'd wait for September 10th and see what new devices and capacities get released. I'm hoping for a 128 GB iPod Touch...

9. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

3 year happy ipod classic 160gb user no problems to report you need to shop around i managed £163 in asda on an offer
    you can hard reset them if you want to, ive never needed to

10. Mez

Mez Active member

Unfortunatly, Apple has no competition in this dept. Sansas were pretty good fine for anything but audio books but in their quest to become cooler and catch up with Apple they completely screwed up their top of the line. I can't believe they continue to sell that piece of sh1t! Zens also made a decent disked device but they don't any more. Most phones already play music so there isn't a big market. Still, I like the nano. I can't put 10% of my music on the biggest device made. So I really do not need more than 30g. 6g stays on and the rest gets rotated every few months once I listen to a book I will not listen to it again for a few years if ever. I have used a 4g nano since the 4g namo came out. It refuses to die! The controls act up every now and then.