1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod with 360...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Skaterat, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Skaterat

Skaterat Guest

Whenever I try to play my iPod through the 360 while playing a game, it says error and then some code and says something about AAC files, what do I do to be able to play my iPod?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

they need to be .mp3 files.

3. thebox

thebox Member

you could also try downloading the "Optional iPod" file through Market Place which will allow you to play your iPod AAC formatted music files on the 360

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yeah, i completely forgot about that, thats a lot easier than having to get everything in .mp3 form

5. thebox

thebox Member

I made the mistake the first time I got my iPod Shuffle and had everything converted to AAC. Then Market Place brought out the "Optional iPod" file which made me happy.

6. Skaterat

Skaterat Guest

I know but I don't have X Box live, I have the membership thing that came with the premium package, and A Broadband connection, but I don't know how to get the two working? help?

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

this should help you set up your xbox live account

8. Skaterat

Skaterat Guest

From Mikeismad's link...
    Thanks a lot for that, it DOES help a lot.

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

HAHAHAHA, im sorry, i completely forgot that xbox.com was down as well as xbox live, just wait until later tonight and try it, its supposed to be down for 14 hours only, so it should be back up soon

10. Skaterat

Skaterat Guest

Its cool , lol My Broadband router doesn't fit the cable anyways, so I'll have to find another way to get it... Any way else?

11. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

note that patch only can play UNPROECCTED .aac man. sorry, these days it's always like that. no way you can play protected .aac like the music you download from itunes.

and for video only .wmv

12. Skaterat

Skaterat Guest

I hardly ever download anything off of iTunes, and the computer I use to do so's CD burner doesn't work properly, so I use tunebite to convert them to a file I can burn on my downstairs computer.