1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by fireman50, May 23, 2007.

1. fireman50

fireman50 Regular member

I installed Linux on my 4gb iPod mini using the installer here http://ipodlinuxinstl.sourceforge.net/download.php It installed properly and all of the apps worked. I tried turning it off using the "Turn off" function and some code began to appear and my iPod turned off. I didn't have time to read it but I saw the words "kernel panic" and then it shut off. Now, my iPod doesn't turn on anymore. Any suggestions?

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  2. jchien

jchien Member

Does it go to the boot screen with the black background and white apple? If that is the case, restart it and hold SELECT and PAUSE while it turns on. That will put it in safe mode, then connect it to iTunes. If it won't turn it on, do what i did to my friends. Hold MENU and the middle button (SELECT) and that should restart it. That is the only thing I can think of. Try plugging it into your computer. If all else fails, bring it into a technician, but what ever you do, don't tell them you put linux on it.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  3. fireman50

fireman50 Regular member

holding menu and select worked! thank you!

4. Fordcozi

Fordcozi Member

hey can anyone help me i bought this 2gb ipod from thailand it looks genuine buh it has no scroll any way i put o.9 gb of songs on it and now it wnt turn on it comes up with this loading dice like you get on a computer can any help me with this problem ? ? ? thanks regards Fordcozi

5. jchien

jchien Member

SUCKER!!