1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iprep 101 + Ixtreme 1.2 + Sata Pci Card = Can't Flash :(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RssV, Jun 23, 2007.

1. RssV

RssV Member

Hi folks,

I bought yesterday a PCI Card with Sata ports (w/ VIA Chipset) to flash my MS28 drive. So I ran iPrep 101, prepared a USB Flash Drive and hooked up my PC and the X360. Booted up from the USB Flash and then typed "iFlash xxxxx..."... ENTER then. It showed me "XTREME" on Secondary Master and Slave, numbers 3 and 4... So I made the 10 second trick (turned off X360, selected 3 and turned on 8-10 second later). Nothing happened.

Then I tried again selecting number 4 (Xtreme Secondary Slave), and a flashing counter appers... But I do the 10 second trick and nothing happens... It keeps stuck on 00% and doesn't flash :(

Can anyone point me some kind of solution?

2. Dfram

Dfram Regular member

You really dont need to wait 10 seconds I dont know how that rumor got started. It works best (and i've done this many times the latest being yesterday) this way : turn the 360 on ,bootup the computer, I used mtkflash alone, but you can use iprep thats what it uses also. Type iprep xxxxwhatever then when it sees your drive turn off the 360 now your gonna want to turn on the 360 at the exact same time you press the number, the number being pressed first though so about a split second and it will begin dumping. Like I said though I always do it manually with just mtkflash I know thats what iprep uses also so it should just work the same if it doesnt try it with just mtkflash r /m orig.bin to read mtkflash w /m hacked.bin to write after you inserted your key.

3. RssV

RssV Member

Thanks a lot Dfram, looks like a clever tip :)

*But I'll tell you: this 10-second thing is everywhere in related forums o_O

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

you do need to do the ten second trick, well I have to anyway or my drive does not flash. But as Dfram mentioned, I find it best just tio use the mtkflash commands as its much easier to do.

5. Dfram

Dfram Regular member

Oh re-reading the post i guess the 10 second trick is just turning off your 360 and waiting 10 seconds and turning it back on,i guess either way it will work, turn off, turn on ,you could probably even wait 15 or 20 seconds. Whats weird is why does your drive show up on three AND four
    like its in a raid 1 (mirroring).

6. RssV

RssV Member

Yup. 1 and 2 are for IDE Primary Master and IDE Primary Slave. I'll unplug these 2 cables. But I wonder why it appears Master AND Slave for "XTREME" if there's only one drive o_O

7. Dfram

Dfram Regular member

Whats card do you have what model number?

8. RssV

RssV Member

9. RssV

RssV Member

VIA VT6421 is the exact model

10. Dfram

Dfram Regular member

Thats what i have. Have you tried just making a bootable ms dos disk with mtkflash on it and booting to dos with the 360 on typing mtkflash r /m orig.bin hitting enter turn off the 360 wait 10 seconds if you want then hit the number and/or press enter ,immediately turn on the 360 and see if it dumps that way. Make sure everything else is unplugged all other drives the sata plug is in sata port 1 or 0, in the bios no raid is enabled sata mode is set to native or ide. Try that and at least see if that works.

11. Sudds

Sudds Active member

If you plan on ripping your own back-ups using the 360,s drive, iXtreme 1.2 isnt agood idea, try Xtreme 5.3 abc or d.
    Ave never had to do the 10 second trick....