1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IR Shell Problems

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Demaster, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Demaster

Demaster Regular member

So I know that if I want to turn my PSP into a remote for (almost any) T.V. I should use IR Shell.

I downloaded 3.60 (since 3.61 was a fix) and 3.60 froze weather I tried returning home or just letting 3 seconds pass the time. So I was hoping 3.61 was a fix, and it seemed to function a bit better, when I booted my PSP I ACTUALLY got taken to the IR shell screen (as opposed to freezing). Now when I let 6 seconds pass the time the screen STILL freezes (note: this IR shell is a blue/navy background). WTF is up with this and how can I fix this?

I also noticed that there were 2 IR shell apps. on my memory stick (one sonic and one with a beach-look). The beach look freezes after 6 seconds like the boot-up IR shell (wtf?) and the sonic one seems to work just fine, except for the fact that whenever I go to the Configuration settings (R+start) it always freezes no matter what IR shell I use.

So in my sonic looking IR shell I went to the Remote Control option. I read the IR shell FAQ and learned that I had to download "Pronto Hex Codes v1.3" in order to add nearly "every" t.v./vcr remote. That worked fine but apparently, but it's missing one of my T.V.s (Goldstar - garage sale boughten). The FAQ claims to go to RemoteCentral.com but I can't seem to find it there.

I guess this all boils down to TWO (complex) questions: 1) why the hell is IR shell so unstable, is there anyway I can make it stop freezing, and do I just turn off the IR shell plugin to make it stop booting straight into IR shell and, instead, boot it off my memory card manually? and 2) Where can I legitimately find IR T.V. codes like Goldstar - or why not just use the same codes all those "ALL-IN-ONE" remotes use?

2. deamon2k

deamon2k Regular member

first ir shell is not buggy at all for me second yes disable delete and remove from the vsh text file in the seplugin folder that will stop it from auto launching

also the remote only works for IR devieses and idk if urs is and i have NO idea were to get the files id like to know my self that

3. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

do you have the sony no-umd on? do you have any plugins enabled? disable them

4. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

well, what it all boils down to is Firmware versions. if your running a recent firmware (3.40OE-up) Irshell runs like crap. you need like 3.03 to run it like it was meant to. they stopped developing IrShell like last year or something like that. so all recent firmwares dont have a version for themselves.

but i think there was a video of IrShell running perfectly for this guy with 3.40OE. he said that he channged up the code and the plugins so it was able to work perfectly for newer OS's.

look around. if you do some research, im sure your bound to find a guys rendition of the app for newer firmwares.

by the way, to make sure that this is the problem, what IS your firmware?

and what version of IrShell are you using?

5. deamon2k

deamon2k Regular member

thats bull crap (unless you dont mean 3.40 OE-A)

and 3.40 OE - A runs just fine on mine and i have plug in on

6. Demaster

Demaster Regular member

I'm running Firmware version 3.52 M33-2 if that helps

7. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

yes, it runs. but not all of the stuff works do they?

ive tried all IrShells i could on mine, and they just dont work worth a darn.

the goto XMB command, iso loader, and almost everything else FAILS to work.

the only things that i got working were basically the remote, and the mp3 player. couldnt even get the UMDs to run through it.

if what the dude says is true, try running 3.40 OE. if that doesnt, then try 3.03 OE. if that doesnt, then just get Universal remote. :)

8. dubora999

dubora999 Member

im running CF 3.30 OE-A and it works grate for my psp... had to turn off plugin and no UMD and it worked, also put it in my GAME150 not GAME folder but dont know if it made a diff also put my CF on "1.50 kernel"...took me a few mins to think of it on my own but i did it.. if you keep playing wit it you will get it to work... the only prob im having right now is putting more remotes on it... I use the both the XBOX 1 and XBOX 360 remotes on iR Shell 3.61 and they work grate... sick of buying battery's for my xbox remote so i use my psp to play music and movies on my XBOX 1... now all i need is Sony tv and trying to find cable box remote lol anyone know where to find them????

"Thanks to the guys who made iR Shell"

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007