1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

irc download problems

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by pooface, Dec 11, 2003.

1. pooface

pooface Member

I have been finding it impossible to download anything from Mirc lately. At first I will get a speed of around 20 or 30 kbps. Then either the speed will drop below 1 kbps or the transfer will fail. Whenever I try to resume these downloads I cant get speeds above 1 kbps. Is there anything I can do to raise the speed of the download and keep it downloading until its 100 % done? Thanks for all the help.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Make sure you have your end optimized (i.e., you arent downloading something somewhere else at like 500KB/s)

2. Sometimes the bots offer ultra high speeds for extremely limited windows (i.e., Ive been trying to get a movie off a bot and it has two speed settings: 400KB/s and 0.5KB/s. It sends to be at 400KB/s for up to 300MB before slating me off to 0.5KB/s).

3. Sometimes the bots have ultra-high speeds for limited time windows (both the same bot as above and other bots, they give me ultra high speeds at some really obscure times of the day: of course i dont sleep so it helps).