1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRC vs Torrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Eugene482, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Hi, not too long ago I used a torrent client and I was frustrated with the speeds so I port forwarded and after that I got caught. (ESA infringing material/selling/sharing etc.) But that time I wasn't using PG. Now, I use mIRC as a downloading program, it doesn't force you to upload and it's not port forwarded + I use PG just in case. Is it even possible to get caught using IRC because you only download with a permission? Thanks.

2. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

yes you can get caught not to long ago a couple of big name mirc places got shut down.not sure of the names of them cause i never use it to confussing to me.

3. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

I mean for downloading not uploading, at least that's what I understood so far from your post :)

4. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

no you cant, and the reason you dont have to set up port forwarding is because the client you use (mirc) has a feture that keeps trying to make diferent types of connections to diferent servers on your chosen network untill it connects. it works behind all sorts of firewalls also because of this, but not ones with special options to block mirc that are enabled.

also your port forwarding is not what caused you to get busted it was the fact that more people now had the optiont o connect to you to download and at greater speed, thus supstantialy increasing the chances of getting busted.

5. kONTROL00

kONTROL00 Guest

is there any good mirc scripts floating around..? i used to use carpediem but i believe they are long gone... im not a big fan of trial -n- error

6. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

you mean XDCC? That's what I use. Even if I use mIRC for soem reason I still use PG2.

7. eecomp

eecomp Member

I personally like invision...