1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Irish cable set up?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by banie01, May 30, 2017.

1. banie01

banie01 Member

Hi Afterdawn!

Its been so long since I've posted on here! Long time no chat! Nice to see some of the familiar faces still here!

Onto my questions!
    I've been away from cables for a loooooong time! I'm dipping my toe back in the water now with the recent Sly changes.
    Have a DVB-C tuner spare and thought lets give it a spine ;)
    Has anyone come across a good Irish resource for the cable needs?
    Particularly with regard to NetIDs?

I am up and running, but my autobouquets is pulling incomplete lists with a lot showing as not available or no SID in the PAT.

Any advice will be appreciated!

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

i'd like to add to this question. i have a buddy who has splitter from incoming virgin media connection, split to broadband connection and cable box. autobouquetsmaker provides approx 150 tv channels but when trying to view the channels the channels do open but are literally unwatchable with pixellation. i have been advised that a demodulator is needed on the incoming vm feed. can anyone shed some light on this. current setup is incoming connection connected to splitter and split to broadband and tv box. thanks

3. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

I got VM BB and the max tv package installed 10 days ago, 240MB BB and All TV channels except Sly Sports and Movies and everything is in HD for €54 a month, while the guy who was doing the install was there we were talking as he re-wired my house and he had the exact same problem with pixelation on channels on their horizon box, he told me that a batch of splitters that VM use are faulty and need to be replaced, I didn't really believe him but when he changed the splitter he used in my house, no more pixelation at all so the splitter was faulty........My set up is exactly the same as your friend's so I'd advise to change the VM splitter first as this worked for me and I have a great quality signal on both the horizon and Zgemma boxes.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

thanks for the help. can you supply make and model of splitter you have. thanks

5. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

There is no brand name on it at all, I am trying to upload a photo so please give me a minute.
    fgfhgf 008.

6. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Not seen in the photo is another identical splitter connected from the left hand side cable to the splitter that is connecting the Horizon box and a Zgemma cable box.

7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

thanks a mill dub12dave

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

usually splitters are tratec 5-1000mhz