1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iritating Dvd Problem. Please help.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Synth05, Jan 14, 2005.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

Synth05
    Using Device Manager to disable drives is not a dangerous process and I don't understand the reluctance to do it. It's just a fast check and/or fix. It works under the Plug and Play setup in the system. Just like the PC picking up something you hooked to a USB port. Do it and get it out of the way. It's just a step in the process. Once done, you have the PC fixed or move on to further analysis.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Instead of the last thing you do, it should be the next thing you do.

3. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

yeah i know ;p thanks all for trying to help it fixed it, but i'm still curious 0_O. I'm tired...

4. brobear

brobear Guest

You must be sleepy, you slurred in your typing.
    Was that supposed to read, "Thanks all for trying to help. It fixed it"? "It" as in the "disabling the drives"?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2005
  5. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

Lol yeah i noticed the big mess up well yeah when i unistalled all the ide's then rebooted, and let win xp reinstall it. It seemed to fix it and it's back to normal. Your right that should of been the first thing i should of done. Thanks alot btw for your time.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. Certain procedures like the one you just learned can be used a lot of times to cure problems without having to dig in and do in depth testing and analysis. It's when the problem won't go away that one has to do the hard work and sometimes take the PC to a professional.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You already have a proffessional brobear. Listen and learn my son ;>)

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Surely oh masterful one. (wax on, wax off) Your omnipotent words mustt always be heeded .

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Whew! it's gettin' deep in here ;>)

10. brobear

brobear Guest

You noticed.