1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRQL_not_less_or_equal both drives same computer

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by txgoogoo, Jun 2, 2009.

1. txgoogoo

txgoogoo Member

Recently, I get the BSOD with the above error when I place a dvd into either dvd burner, one a dell internal Hl-DT st rw Dvd GCC 4481B and an exterbal Sony 710u. It is a xp machine. I have been using other vista machines for my playing and burning.Other info on the bsod as follows:
    Stop: 0X0000000A
    ( 0xF7DCB000
    0x0000000Z
    0x00000000
    0x804DAEFY )

I have a fairly recent Acronis True image file and Windows restore points but I am curious as to where the problem may be. I did have a recent Yahoo messenger upgrade that supposedly didn't complete because of administrative rights but when I went to the yahoo website, it stated that I had the current version. In safe mode, the dell internal played a pixellated scramled video but no BSOD. The Dell internal has always been flakey for recording but played ok but never a problem with the Sony.

As an aside, why do I get administative problems when I only have one user on most computers, or running in the administrator mode?

2. txgoogoo

txgoogoo Member

The problem seems to have been resolved by deactivating
    DVD43. I have had this program on the computer for a few months
    without any known conflicts as it is what I would use first for older movies. Maybe the file got corrupted.