1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRshell 3.1

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by fa35jsf, Feb 21, 2007.

1. fa35jsf

fa35jsf Member

What is IRshell 3.1? a Filmware? a whole new Operating system? Can it run on a updated 3.11 vers psp? I want to use this program but not sure if I can. Right now my psp is running ver 2.81, but my network update downloaded a ver3.11. I haven't uploaded it yet because I am wondering if it would make it even harder to use IRshell. If anyone has info, I would appreciate it.

2. Dave89

Dave89 Member

DONT DOWNLOAD ANY UPDATES FROM SONY. Dont use the network update at all if you want to use any homebrew, or ir shell.
    If you download 3.11 you be stuck there and wont be able to use any homebrew or ir shell at all.

You run ir shell like a game, and its just exactly how it sounds it a new shell for your psp. it just has all the icons in one spot, and it can multi task, you can listein to music and play a game or look at pictures.
    and i think theres a ir shell 3.2

I dont think you can use homebrew on your FW.
    I have no idea.
    So try to find a downgrader if you want to use ir shell.
    Use the search box for the forum for : 2.81 downgrader.
    and do you have a ta-082 mother board?
    you can figure that out by searching to.
    but be careful it can brick your psp, so follow the directions exactly.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  3. fa35jsf

fa35jsf Member

one more thing, can i still use the internet browser with this program?

4. Dave89

Dave89 Member

I dont know, i asked that and no ones answered, i coulnt find it anwhere. and i dont know how to play umds on it. but ir shell you launch like game, you can still use the internet browser.

5. fa35jsf

fa35jsf Member

And can I use Media Manager to convert documents to put and view on my PSP still?