1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 1.5gigs of RAM enough?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by McTwist, Dec 29, 2007.

1. McTwist

McTwist Member

I decided to buy two 512s to add to the two 256s I already have. I just cant operate with only 512mb RAM anymore. Can't multitask or play any relatively new PC games. So, will adding another gig of RAM actually allow me to use my computer without it slowing down?

Will I be able to multitask? play games?

I have a nVidia GeForce 7800GT, I think the 256mb one. My CPU is a 3.0GHz Pentium 4 w/HT how long until I need to upgrade my CPU and video card?

technology advances way to fast

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

You should be good for awhile yet.

I have a 3.0GHz P4 with 2 gigs of Ram and a GF7600GT card. Have played Crysis, Bioshock, etc. with no problems.

You might need to reduce some settings to improve performance on a given game. Keep your drivers uptodate, registry clean, HD defragged, free from bugs/viruses, and so forth. This will allow your system to function to its best.

Your system sounds pretty good until you want to jump into dual core procesors, expensive dual video cards, etc. Pay attention to the game system requirements. When you find you can't meet them, it will be time to drop some bucks.

3. McTwist

McTwist Member

Should I get two 512mbs or one 1gig? DDR2 btw