1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is a 1x media absolutley neccesary?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kocher, Mar 30, 2005.

1. kocher

kocher Regular member

I have a brand new AOpen dvd burner(2 months old), and am trying to back up my ps2 games with dvd decrypter. i set the write speed at 1x but it usually writes at 3 to 3.7. i have heard mixed comments that you need to write at 1x, but also that with new burners they can write at faster speeds with the same quality. i use memorex dvd+r right now that will only write as low as 4x, but do i need to buy some dvd+r that support 1x speed?
    Please help and thanks
    sorry still a "newbie"

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I've burned all my games at 4X and they read fine, no problems. beware of memorex though...

3. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

You know, you can never be truly sure about ANY media. I bought Fujifilm-branded Taiyo Yudens which are such poor media that usually on the second or third play, games become unplayable.

As for Memorex? I backed up MGS3 on a memorex-branded CMC magnetics disc. It works just fine. So do all my other memorex DVDs. It's just too bad that I have 25 Taiyo Yudens that are coasters..... and I haven't even burned anything to them yet.

4. kocher

kocher Regular member

thanks for the help!