1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is a jap wii useless ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jude00, Nov 6, 2007.

1. jude00

jude00 Guest

just bought a wii on e bay & when i recieved it found out it is a jpanese version . is there any way to play uk games on this & if not where do i source games to suit this console

2. wazzupwii

wazzupwii Member

If its not modded then you can only play Japanese games. There are a lot of Japanese games that are playable without English (you can figure them out), however, there are many more where English instructions is a must.

I have the JAP version + wiikey and play many NTSC US games.
    Get your wii modded and then check the compatibility list to see which games work before buying them.

3. r1cht3a

r1cht3a Member

Modding is risky. If you don't know what your doing you could **** your console. Have a look around the web there may be a local place that can do this for you if your not confident. Second to that ,once you mod it, you will still either have to buy import games (or where ever you live may be fine) or get the iso's so you can burn them yourself somehow. Then the problem you potentially face is that any firmware update you do "could" BRICK your console (i.e make it as useful as a brick!).
    If really un-sure sell it and buy one of your own region and play away in peace.

4. japanwii

japanwii Member

Japan wii is more fun that i can play both/more english and japan version game. Make sure you modded it and take care of the firmware update and it will be very useful.

5. gamezboy

gamezboy Guest

Can anyone name a few places that can do the mod job for me? I love my wii too much so i dont wanna brick it.

6. wazzupwii

wazzupwii Member

I usually use a small kiosk shop in the Golden Computer Center, SSP, Hong Kong ;-)