1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is All hope Lost?? (True NooB, quick question)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gl2gz, Oct 21, 2004.

1. gl2gz

gl2gz Guest

Hi all....okay, i have an unmodded ps2 ver 4, i have gameshark 2 v1.9, and also have the new ARMax....a few yrs ago, i did the old' knife swap with gs2 and a burnt cdr game, but that's all the experience i have....and ALL i want to do is play this nifty little GTA: San Andreas dvd backup....maybe i'm stupid, but the guide here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105
    ...doesn't seem to work for me, the gs2 options are slightly diff, and i can't seem to figure out what exactly to do....(when exactly to swap, etc....as the guide doesn't follow what i have on my screen....) first of all, i was wondering, does the TOC DVD have to be a PS2 Game DVD?? Cuz if so, no tutorial has been clear on that...i had all my ps2 games stolen last summer, so i tried with a dvd movie...(also tried with FinalFantasy X-2, but doesn't make a difference)
    Anyways, i've been up all night, scouring forums, googling everything, not to mention digging thru boxes to find the old GS2 disc, and i just can't seem to get a nice straight walkthru on what to do....i even bought ARMax last night, cuz i read it would boot, only to bring it home and find out its the wrong ver...(thus, me digging in boxes for gs2 :)...but someone please be kind enough to help, my ps2 is SCPH-30001, NTSC, media is Philips DVD+RW, (but the process never even gets far enough to be a problem with the media...) i click "without codes" and screen says "please enter ps2 disc" or it will say "Loading" and if i swap then, it stays frozen, and never even starts spinning again....and i have it down to about 8 seconds flat....again, thanx for any help, sorry for the long post, Thx again, any help is appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  2. 2005

2005 Regular member

the issue is the media....

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

would recomend you save yourself alot of agro and just buy yourself the swapmagic discs

4. gl2gz

gl2gz Guest

okay, thx 2005...., the issue being the media, do you mean the dvd+rw....?? you suggest i use dvd-r instead?? does it matter about using a regular movie dvd, instead of ps2, for the TOC thing?? okay, 1 last thing...yes or no....do i perform the second swap (toc-dvd to backup) after i select "without codes" and the screen prompts me for game disc?? if so, it seems strange to perfom the swap when the software obviously already expects me to press eject....oh well, a yes or no will be fine....thx again!!

5. biggoltee

biggoltee Member

yes use dvd-r

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you need to use an orignal ps2 game of equal or greater file size than the backup for the toc disc, a movie won't work

7. healer01

healer01 Member

Done all that, I can load originals perfectly. When I load GTA:SA it gives me the red "Insert a Playstation or Playstation2 format disc."

Using Action Replay v2, Verbatim DVD+R. Using True Crime for TOC, it booted Vice City (original), so I figured it is bigger file size than VC.