1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is all that i need to rip and enter Xbox via Pc OK?? Am I there YET?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Becharmed, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Becharmed

Becharmed Member

Just bought Xbox used with Xecture chip installed.

When i boot up it says Microssoft with Green thingy BUT when i press in the start button for 1 second it says Xecture2 NOW i have read that at all time it shold say Xecture2 and NOT MS , Do I need to do a FLASH or something? and IF I need to do to a flash Where do i find the right thing and NOT ruin my Xbox?? .

But pretend i just press in the start button for 1 second and Xecture loads NOW there is a Menu which now contains the following thins:

The background says Evox with a blue lady.

The Menu itselfs contains:

Launch Dvd
    Ms Dashboard
    Reboot
    Power Of
    System Utils
    Launch Menu

At the Botton left Corner of the background it says : Xbox_V1.1 AND in the right corner it says : No disc Remotex V1.8.3682

I want to RIP some of my Games and add them to the Xbox does my Xbox contain/have what it needs? Can i just plug it into my PC and give my xbox an Ip and I will be abel to do rip ??

When entering MENU and then APPlications it pop ups with something called Xtool box 0.41 , WHAt is that???

I do have crossover cabel and Nic card.

I do hope that you can help me , I have read about the crossover cabel thingy but i cant figure out if my Xbox is OK to transfer things.

Thank you for taking time to help me out it is very very much appreciated!!.
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  2. josh2424

josh2424 Member

there is progs u can put on ur xbox to copy games like dvd2xbox.

3. Becharmed

Becharmed Member

but would I not need to connect the xbox to put the program DVD2XBOX on to it?

If not can i just burn it onto a Dvd`rw and then put it into my xbox and then put in my game and then copy the game without the use of my PC?

4. josh2424

josh2424 Member

if u dont have ne copying software on ur box ur gonna have to ftp it over

5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Sounds to me that you have the alladin advanced 64 but flashed with the xecuter bios to say that when you hold it in.

To copy games onto your hdd you are going to need a prog on your xbox to do it with e.g dvd2xbox.
    You will have to download this and ftp it over to your xbox, the you can store games on your hdd, not many though if you have the stock hdd in.

You will need to be on the evo-x screen to ftp so you will have to hold the power button in for a sec.

Then follow tutorials on how to ftp if you dont know how.

Hope this helps you out.

6. dannchoi

dannchoi Guest

Run the Xtool Box application, it will have various programs for you to use such as a file browser which you can look at the files on your xbox, a DVD to HD copier which you can use to copy games to your HDD.

You pretty much have all the tools there for you to start making backups of your originals on to your xbox.

Just run the Xtool Box app and use DVD to HD copier, insert the game and boom instant copy of the game on to your HDD.

7. Becharmed

Becharmed Member

@matty8887
    alladin advanced 64 but flashed with the xecuter bios.

Okay and is that bad?? do you happend to know a link of this chip so i can read more of it so i can get an idea of what it`s :) ?

Is`t even possibel to flash an Aladin Advanced 64 chip with the Xecture ?

Thanks for the info of my chip :D.

@dannchoi.
    Thanks i will try the Xtool box out now :)

EDIT :
    Have now tryede copy a game with Xtoolbox and it work Perfect no probelems at all :D ALSO found this about alladin advaned 64 chip :
    1- Chip is turned of (just press the "reset" button)
    2. Chip is ON (Hold "reset" down for 1-2 seconds and the LED will turn yellow.)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004