1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is alternate power source needed when flashing drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Taxta, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Taxta

Taxta Member

I have been away from the Modding scene for a fairly long time so please tolerate with my lack of knowledge. Back in the iXtreme 1.5 days, it was said that when flashing drives, one needed to power the drive via an alternate device else there was a chance that the the console can potentially be flagged for a ban.
    Does this theory still stand today in the case of installing LT3.0? I plan to update from 1.5. Or does it not reduce the risk of a ban at all (given one was competent enough to know what NOT to do to avoid flagging after it is flashed)?
    Sorry if my grammar seems strange, English is my second language.

2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

There has never been any proof that this actually happens. That doesn't 100% mean that it doesn't of course, but I've always used the 360 as the power supply to flash 360s and none of the ones I've done have been banned.

Your grammar is fine BTW. Better than most of the people who have English as their first language, lol.

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

I agree with funksoulb. It's never been proven.
    I flashed this console in Nov. or Dec. of 2008 using the console to power the drive. It has been online 4-5 days a week, every week since, and is still on Live now. Literally right now.

(although a connectivity kit is more convenient)

4. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

Wow that's a good run! Do you believe that as long as games are verified in abgx it should be all good? The first time I was banned I always wondered why. I had always ripped my own games (with Kreon firmware) but I was unaware of abgx. I have ran most of my old games through abgx now and they almost all have anydvd corruption! That was obviously my downfall.

5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

:)

Nothing is guaranteed, but I believe in the combo of ABGX verified/Burned properly/Not played before release dates.