1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is anyone elses fliptop noisy?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sbeeze, Mar 17, 2004.

1. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

mine is so i'm wondering if its supposed to be or not? sounds kinda like a motor boat

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try adjusting the screws on your case. they are probably too tight. Also make sure put your backup under the lip on the left side of the tray.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  3. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

if i put a little weight like an empty dvd case on top of it the noise stops. wierd

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

mayb the screws arnt tight enough

5. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Mine makes the same noise. I think I know why but it doesn't bother me to much. Its the little white thing in it just like mine it isn't positioned right because it is to loose with the flip-top.

6. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

cool i just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing damage.

7. MrToast

MrToast Guest

all you need to do is knock off the round piece under your fliptop and place the stabilizer on yourself, the fliptops are crap and you really dont need them. I modded my stock ps2 lid and it works and looks better than a fliptop anyway. Just break off the black housing holding the stabilizer and place it on yourself. Problem fixed.

8. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Are you saying take out the little white thing?

9. MrToast

MrToast Guest

yep, just take it out and place it on yourself, that way the cd will be on the right way and you wont get any noises.