1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone not able to make backups of 2004 games anymore?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mook8515, Apr 16, 2004.

1. mook8515

mook8515 Member

I have an origa chip (must use action replay) and use memorex DVD+R. When I tried making backups of 007: Everything or Nothing, Ghost Recon: Jungle Strike, and Rainbow Six 3, all of them would not start and would just go to a black screen when trying to start the game. I noticed that all those three were 2004 games. I have succesfully backed up other games that wre 2003 and below. Does anyone know what is going on and what I can do?

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

2. billz

billz Active member

they all work. what's you mod?

3. mook8515

mook8515 Member

I have an Origa chip and must use Action Replay to start my backups.

4. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

They should work. I back my PS2 games with Alcohol 120. I'm currently running PS2 ver. 9 with a DMS chip. I also tried loading with my Action Replay ver 3.10 and the games load with no problems. Good luck.

By the way, "Everything or Nothing" is awsome!

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

get rid of that chip man, if you need something else to boot the chip i think its a no-good chip to begin with. ive modded my ps2 with a fliptop cover and the swapmagic discs and im enjoying playing all the game titles that you mentioned on your post, heres more to add to your list, fight night 04, Nba ballers, resident evil, mvp 04. mlb 05... they all work great, i believe the problem lies within your modification.

6. mook8515

mook8515 Member

How do I get Alcohol 120? I tried it once and now it is expired and it won't let me use it even when I reinstall it. Is Alcohol 120 really the difference in a successful burn? Are you able to burn good backups with Nero?

My email is mook8515@sbcglobal.net and my AIM is mook8515.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Signature[/small]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  7. hunter929

hunter929 Member

All I ever use is Nero to backup. You might try dvd-r, another brand of media, and be sure to burn at 1x, before you get a different chip. If it was working before there is no reason it shouldn't work now, besides something simple.

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

fight night 2004 nba ballz and few more i did backups of and they work quite good... i dont see a problem with todays new games when trying to boot them as backups..

9. mook8515

mook8515 Member

Hmm... I was considering a fliptop because nothing seems to work. I can't try a DVD-R because my burner is DVD+R only. What I would hate to happen is have the fliptop do the same thing. Do you think it is the chip that is giving me trouble or the blank media type?

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

its the chip.. get rid of it... get a better chip like dms or magic.. or use the fliptop...

11. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

get rid of the chip. alcohol 120% its a great program, if you cant get it the second similar thing would be dvd decrypter and thats free! get a fliptop dude and swap magic! theyve worked great for me

12. mook8515

mook8515 Member

I realized I can't use a fliptop because I only have a DVD+R burner and a fliptop with PS2 version 2 can't read DVD+R. Is my only option to upgrade the solder modchip?

13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if +r disc game backups work in your v2 ps2 then you can use fliptop/slide card swap magic combo to boot your games.if +r discs game backups won't work then swap magic with flip/slide or a no swap mod chip still wont let you boot your backups your only option would be a -r or combo writer.if your not 100% sure on your ps2 version then you can check out what version it is here http://www.modchip.com/ps2/ps2id.htm

14. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

yea dude, he is right, if +R worked with you in the past, im pretty sure its one of those rare v4's or a v5 or above check the chart and identify your ps2 version number, fliptop should work for you peace

15. mook8515

mook8515 Member

I'm pretty sure mine is V2 PS2 and I just checked again and it has 10 screws. However, it can play DVD+R's (up until the 2004 games that is). Do you think if I get a fliptop I will be able to play 2004 games on DVD+R's which I currently cannot play on my origa chip?

16. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

the fliptop should work since they are two type of fliptops you can purchase, 8 screws and 10 screws, go here www.tisinc99.com to check it out

17. mook8515

mook8515 Member

So the fliptop should work with my V2 PS2, but will it be able to play DVD+R?

And is it weird that my V2 PS2 is able to play DVD+R's right now (just not the 2004 games)?

18. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

I got a flip-top about 1 - 2 months ago (maybe less) and it worx with no trouble at all (but make sure your using good media to burn your games). I got mine from http://www.gocybershop.ca for $30 for the top and discs and $10 for shipping. The item came to my house 3 - 4 days later!!! I was surprised since it was getting shipped out've Canada and I live in the United States of America. And to be 100% your PS2 will work with the +R media make a movie on a +R disc and try playing it on your PS2. If it worx flip-top will work with +R media if it doesn't your gonna have to get a -R burner. I have both -R and +R and both media types work on my Version 4 PS2. Hope this helps.

19. mook8515

mook8515 Member

Yes, my PS2 does play DVD+R movies. This is great. I am first going to try and see if a 2004 game on a DVD-R works, and if it doesn't, I will try the fliptop because it should work with DVD+R's. Hopefully one of these 2 solutions will solve the problem.

20. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

The flip-top will definitely solve the problem if the DVD-R's don't.