1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone using DVDFab in here?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tomq, Sep 28, 2003.

1. tomq

tomq Member

Just the subj,

have you had any luck with it?

I didn't with the disk #2

2. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

I've tried it twice, trying to split a movie to 2 dvd's instead of using alot of compression. It's worked fine for me as far as playing it on my computer . My standalone dvd player however freaks out after playing disk 1 and just switches back and forth beween the 2 disks. Even if I only load 1 at a time. It's a JVC XV-M567(3 disk changer). Both disks played great in my brother-in-laws so it's definately a compatability issue.I'm still quite a newb and haven't tried to fix it with infoeditv95 tmceng since I'm not completely sure on how to go about it. I think somethinks messed up with the VIDEO_TS.IFO file on the second disk, or perhaps it's just user error on my part ;)
    Here's the link on how to split DVD-9's perhaps you'll glean more info out of it than I did.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3004

3. tomq

tomq Member

i see...
    in my case after playing about 5 mins of movie -it's askg about disk 2

i just burned dvd using shrink and nero, well, my standalone player doesn't say anything and doesn't show anything eaither, just a black screen, but the player display shows liek it's playing a movie...

i already wasted like 6 disks trying difefrent methods of splitting.. no luck so far... fusk :)

4. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

ouch I'd invest in a couple of rw's to experiment with. Once you get things sorted out you can then burn'em to regular r's. Take's extra time but you'll save some $ on coasters that way. You can also check on your standalone at dvdrhelp.com and see what types of media is compatable with it, I'd psot a link to the relevent part of the site but I've been unable to log in today, not sure if it's the site or my isp.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2003
  5. tomq

tomq Member

well, i know that ritek g03 plays on my standalone, since i backed-up dvd-5 movie and it plays just fine, so it's my fault that i can't play backed-up dvd-9 movies

i don't know how i didnt' come-up with dvd-rw idea before - duh :)))