1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is DVD Shrink over?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by txstang, Jan 8, 2005.

1. txstang

txstang Member

I have never had a problem with shrink until now. It seems funny because its 4 movies in a row. I could not backup my Fight club, Once upon a time in Mexico, Natural Born Killers, and Lock stock and two smoking barrels. I went from never having had one problem in 80 backups to 4 consecutive "Failed to read file E:\ - Data error (cyclic redunduncy check)". I understand that this is most likely copyright protections, but arent they all c.p.'ed? And it seems funny because some of these are older DVDs. I tried the DVD decryper ripping method (both the file and ISO read)updated setttings, latest version, and they both get stuck at same point that shrink does. I got one up to 400 retries and couldnt get it passed 49%. I have smart ripper but i love the menus and scene selection that shrink offers.........don't know what to do. Any suggestions? HELP!!!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do all the movies get that error at the same place of each seprate disc?

3. txstang

txstang Member

No everyone gives the error message at a different time. Natrual Born Killers at 96% encoded (almost done). Once Upon a time in the initial analyze 56% from "open disc" (won't even let me work with it). Fight club 17% encoded....etc.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

They clean?
    scratchless?
    You could get that message if they are not.

5. txstang

txstang Member

all clean no scratches brand new

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have to have the Menus and Extra. If you can deal with just the movie try re-authoring it in DVDShrink. You dont have to have the full disc analyzed to do this. You can insert the disc and instead of oping up the disc you can click re-author and go to your DVD-ROM drive and pull the movie in "title 1" and try burning just the movie.

7. txstang

txstang Member

Same problem with re-author, won't even analyze it.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Have you been inside your computer latly? chamge any IDE cables change a DVD-ROM replaced anything?

9. txstang

txstang Member

nope. Was able to back up The Omen, The Exorcist, and Blow last week and it all started this week with Natrual Born Killers.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

have you added any other copy programs like DVDXcopy etc etc

11. dvdj

dvdj Member

you get this error on these four discs try encoding
    a disc that you have completed in the past. If you still get the error the[CRE] error is usualy caused by a dirty disc,scratched,or defective from the store.
    If the error happens on a disc that you have completed in the past try both of these things 1. try a totaly seperate program you said you tried shrink and decrypter so you might be ok there.Try taking the discs to a different drive and try them if they work with shrink or decrypter there then you could have a bad drive.

12. txstang

txstang Member

I'll try that, but the drive seems to be working fine for playing the disc, CD Roms ect. Pioneer DVR 108

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I was thinking of a bad drive myself cause I had this hapen to me but would get the error at the same point with each DVD thats why I asked if they where at the same point with each disc.

14. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Exactly what error are you getting? Is it the pack header error or something else? Sounds like ARcoSS Protection. I wonder if manufacturers that produce DVD's for retail have started doing this to all new DVD's that are made? Seems funny that we really just starter seeing this with RE2, LBB and some others.

15. txstang

txstang Member

The error message is: "DVD Shrink encountered an Error and can not continue. Failed to read File "E:\" Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

I tried an older DVD Rebound: The Goat and that analysed and encoded just fine, but it seems funny that I would get this on 4 DVDs in a row from as old as 1999.

16. Mr.wings

Mr.wings Member

OK i can help!!!!!!!! yourll going to need to download ANYDVD program. this will take out all the protection like R.C.E and region crap!! just put it on safe mode and run dvd shrink and your good to go.. its a 21 day trial so you and a crack..

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The AnyDVD probably wont work if he tried the new DVD Decryptor. Cause that program had a new version realesd 2 days ago and took care of the problem with RE2 and Little black book.

18. txstang

txstang Member

Well just tried AnyDVD...thanks for the help, but it didn't work. Got to the same point as Decrypter and shrink. I also noticed that when I played the movie on Power DVD it gets stuck for a second or two on the same exact spot, I'm guessing this is where the encryption file is (The 20th century Fox logo), then skips entirely over it and proceeds with the movie.

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

can you anilize the DVD? if so is the 20th centry fox logal on the movie file or separte from it? if its seprate try making the logal a still image to skip over that part of the DVD

20. hursty

hursty Active member

txstang,i had have exactly the same problem,error at 90%.57%etc etc.i put it entirely down to the quality of the original.i cleaned the disc,shut down everything i could(antivirus etc/internet),used my best dvd burner,also 108.and shrink worked a treat.