1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is EvolutionX really needed for backing up?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by AV8B_USMC, Jan 15, 2005.

1. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I want to try to start backing up games on my own. I already have a modded box (xenium ice) and it works great playing originals and backups. But I've never made my own backup and want to give it a try. So...do you really need EvolutionX (or others like Avalaunch) to backup games? Or do I just need my xbox, computer, and something like Craxtion (which has ftp and iso capibilities)? Appreciate any help with this.

2. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

DVD2XBOX is a great program for backing up the games you own to your HDD and then you can use Craxtion4 to create the ISO to burn.

3. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

4. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Thanks for the reply Squiggles. I was trying to figure out if there was any way to get around installing evolutionx ('cause I'm afraid of screwing it up and toasting my xbox), but I guess I really do need it so that I can setup the ip address and all that. Guess I'll give it a shot, then if I haven't destroyed my box, I'll give that DVD2XBOX a shot. Thanks again.

5. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

The hardest part of Modding your Xbox is over with already having the Chip installed. Just put the Evox.xbe file in your C:/ on your HDD and rename it Evoxdash.xbe. Also put the Skins folder and the Evox.ini file in your C:/ also. That's it. Now when you boot into te bios you have flashed on the Xenium the Evox dash will come up right after the flubber screen. You can't screw anything up. If the files go in wrong the dash just won't boot.

6. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

don't worry about toasting your box. if something goes wrong with the dash, it's always fixable with a boot disc. not much can go wrong anyway, you just stick evoxdash.xbe, evox.ini, skins, and the bios folders in C drive. don't be scared.

7. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

Thanks alot guys. I started messing around with my box a little bit earlier and realized that my chip has all the ftp stuff built into it. I'm still planning to install Evox, but I'm having problems networking to the computer(can't get any kind of connection). I think I need to get a router, been trying for like an hour or two to set up a network between the two. I was hoping I could get it to work using just the xbox, crossover cable, and pc. Do you need the internet to transfer between the two?

8. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

you do not need a router unless you have only one network card and want to be connected to the internet at the same time. you can still connect to your xbox with just a crossover cable. and you do not have to be connected to the internet to connect to your xbox.

9. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I'm retarded. I was trying to use a CAT5 cable, thinking that it was a crossover cable. So I guess I'm off to the store to fix the problem.

10. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

I'm all set now. Thanks alot you guys. Went and got the right cable, set up the connection and ftp'd everything in there. Works like a charm. Don't know what I was so afraid of, it was so easy. Thanks again for the help.

11. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Glad you got it all going. Now when you want to install DVD2XBOX just make up a folder with the name APPS on your PC and FTP that into your E:/ or F:/ and then FTP all the folders and Files from DVD2XBOX into that folder named APPS. Evox will pick it up and you will be able to access it under System Utilities in Evox and launch it to be able to copy your games to your Xbox HDD and then FTP the game files over to your computer to create an ISO to burn with Craxtion4