1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Hp DVD630i worth buying?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Col_t, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Col_t

Col_t Guest

I am interested in buying a dvd burner and i was wondering if the hpdvd 630i is worth buying? is it any good? what do i need to knwo before buying a dvd burner? Its my understanding i only need dvd shrink and dvd dycrytper to back up my dvd's is this correct? Also I herd it was bad to by 100 spindles of dvd's or 50 spindles because all of the friction on the dvd's resulting in failure of some is this correct? thanks for your time

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

col_t, welcome to aD,

The only DL burner to date that has had bad reviews (they've only been out 6 months or so) is HP's DL burners. They don't make one so they buy whatever is the cheapest on the world market. I personally wouldn't touch one with w 20' pole. (That's 2, 10-foot poles tied together.)

As far as Decrypter and Shrink, that's all many pple use. It's a good start.

That's the silliest thing I ever heard of. Discs are manufactured with a "bulge" in the center so they could only rub together if you took two and rubbed them together.

More discs are sold in 25, 50 100 discs and more than buying them in the expensive single or 5 pack. Most pple buy in the 100 packs and no one has ever had a problem. Whoever told you that knows nothing at all about the industry - checkout discs for yourself -

http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#4.3

Cheers and good luck,

Pete