1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is installing a DMS3 modchip hard with no solder experience??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by adamryer, Dec 4, 2003.

1. adamryer

adamryer Guest

i want to mod my ps2 with a dms3 chip, ive soldered once about 3 years ago. Im wondering if it is really hard to solder a modchip or not. Has anybody here screwed up and had to get their ps2 repaired??

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It's probably the most difficult mod to install even for a trained professional. The installation specs are specific down the the exact placement and lengths of the wires.

3. matinzen

matinzen Member

Installing a modchip is extremely difficult, especially for people with little experience. I have heard that among modchips, the DMS3 is the most difficult. Many people have screwed up and fried their motherboards, which is bad. A new ps2 or a new motherboard has to be purchased. Either way, you are looking at a costly mistake, probably about the cost of buying the modhip and getting it installed, if you opt to only replace the motherboard. I personally think that if you have little experience pay the extra $50 and get the modchip professionally installed.

4. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

I agree! When I was looking into that, and saw what was involved I said no way! I just bought a Pre-Modded system.

5. adamryer

adamryer Guest

ok. I will consider looking into having it installed professionally. The place im buying the chip from does installs so it sounds like a good idea to me.

6. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

u know there was someone on this site if you do a search who was in your position, he did it successfully and it looked pretty damn nice, he had pictures in the post