1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is isobuster easier then dvd decrypter?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Sawdust11, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

I've been reading alot about isobuster and was wondering why would u use that program. Does it matter if u have a mod chip installed or swap disc? I've used dvd decrypter for all my back ups of my orginals and ran into 1 game thats giving me problems-Smackdown-Here Comes The Pain. What does isobuster do differant then decrypter. Thx for anyone with input.

2. mikeyb25

mikeyb25 Member

ISO buster isn't a burning program. It allows you to extact the game files from disk so you can see what's on the disk or modify files.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

stick with DVD Decrypter for burning. I only use the ISO Buster when i need to remove junk or dummy files to get a game to work.

4. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

Thx guys for some answers, how do u know which files to delete like junk or dummy file? I guess that come with experence. I haven't tried iso buster yet but when the time come i hope im ready.
    thx

5. mikeyb25

mikeyb25 Member

You really only need to create dummy files if its a large file and your PS2 has a problem playing large backed up games well on your modded PS2. I have never needed to do it. I am using swap magic 3.3 and an older than dirt PS2 and I have played backed up games that fill the whole DVD with no problem. But to answer your question there is a program that will help with the dummy files just do a search on the forums.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005