1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it a brick...?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by snake667, Jan 31, 2008.

1. snake667

snake667 Member

Here's the sad story. I have a phat PSP running CFW 3.80 M33-5 and had just installed the custom MGS sounds, which was great and I got thinking that I would install a custom battery icon. Well that was a bad idea! I placed a custom one in the flash0/vsh/resource folder, replacing the old one. Now however, with the custom one in there the PSP won't boot up. I can get into the Recovery Menu (which I hope is a good thing.) but as soon as the Sony logo appears it freezes and turns off a small while after that. It's really worrying me. I have no idea what to do. You guys are literally my only hope.
    I don't have a Pandoras Battery, but if it's the only way then it probably wouldn't be a problem...
    Thanks in advance, everyone.

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

do u have a copy of the old one?

3. cowsin

cowsin Regular member

Geta copy of the old file and replace it back it happened to me all u have to do is put the orignal file back nad it will work fine =)

4. snake667

snake667 Member

The problem is I don't have a copy of the original one. I thought I had backed it up but I didn't, ya know how it is, think you've copied and pasted but perhaps you only copied... Anyone know where an original copy might be located??

5. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

using a flash0 that wasn't your own doesn't work most of the time,you have around a 90% chance of a full brick the only thing you can do is find the recovery folder for your firmware or use the pandora battery

6. rickem

rickem Regular member

Do you use msn. I can send you my back-up files. and just replace the ones you need. They are a copy from 3.80M33-5

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  7. snake667

snake667 Member

Sorry dude, what's the recovery folder?

Rickem, if what sicdude says is true then that probably wouldn't work...

8. rickem

rickem Regular member

If you don't want to do that then THIS is your only option.

If you want the files pm me...remove your email from post....RULES!!!

9. snake667

snake667 Member

Well everyone, with a LOT of help from rickem, we have fixed it good and proper! Thanks so much to rickem, gee the guy has saved my PSP! We simply placed his battery icon file into my flash0 folder. I don't care if it wasn't supposed to work. It did, and it is thanks to rickem. I salute you.

10. rickem

rickem Regular member

I asked him to post here so other people can learn from it. I used msn to send him my back-up files and he replaced the folders he messed. My back-up was of the same firmware (3.80M33-5) so I don't know if another firmware like 3.71M33 would work the same. So be careful.

Always glad to help!!!

11. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

that was a big risk copying these files from another psp is dangerious could end up with a psp that can't be fixed i would not have done that myself i would have used pandora or recovery folder

12. snake667

snake667 Member

I thought it was a big risk but it worked. It must have simply been my lucky day.

13. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

and hopefully u don't run into trouble with it after using back-up files from another psp.

14. snake667

snake667 Member

Well I only have one backup file which is the battery icon file, everything else is still original so I should be okay.