1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it able to play netgame with HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by 47064136, May 11, 2007.

1. 47064136

47064136 Member

i have original DNAS from my original disc.

I have both fat ps2 and slim ps2, so which model i should add a HDD to play network game?

-can i make HDD ps2 with swapmagic coder?
    it has "boot from USB device"menu but i'm not sure.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Add HDD for fat one. And you can't boot stuff from HDD with swap magic. However, you can boot an HDLoader ELF and use it to boot up an ISO. If you want to boot ELF from a HDD, you're better off using uLaunchELF.

How to launch ELFs from usb device with swap magic: Insert the usb pendrive. Make sure that in the root diractory of the pendrive you have a folder called SWAPMAGIC. Rename your ELF to SWAPMAGIC.ELF
    If the pendrive is detected with the folder and the file and you have the swap magic CD/DVD in your drive, then Swap Magic will direct boot the ELF. As for online, to play online you must patch the ISO of the game with the disc ID.

SKSAPPS.COM

everything you want is here. plus more.

Oh wait, you have SWAP MAGIC 3.6, i dunno if you can boot ELFs with swap magic 3.6.

3. 5h4d0wXXX

5h4d0wXXX Member

you can't play games online from a hdd internal or external it doesnt matter right now it will not work

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

He can patch it.