1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me or are the people on the IRC very uncolor coordinated?!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Hanedrick, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Hi all. I just started using the IRC and it's great, it's much better than Kazaa and many other P2P networks like it (like you guys are always telling people.) However I have noticed that the people using it have a poor since of the background color and text color relationship. For example, I will search for a type of media I want to download and all the users "advertisments" will pop up in which a lot of them will have White text on a White background! I will then have to highlight the area where the text is supposed to be in order to see the sends, queues, and the trigger. If that isn't the case then they will have a blinding Yellow text which makes me have to squint in order to see the status. Some people will have a dark purple on some texts then all of a sudden have bright pink on other texts... this shows they might have a little to much freetime on their hands. What's up with this?!! Do the users spend so much time on the IRC that looking at the monitor makes them go color blind or something?! Does this ever aggravate you guys or do you eventually go color blind too?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hehe I would say one reason for the lack of color coordination is becase a crapload of clients are white-based (like the default mIRC) and others are black based (i.e, Excursion, Invision). Personally, I prefer the more insomniac friendly black background. ... side's it like Tank says, "after awhile you just dont see it anymore, you just see blonde, brunette, redhead..." (okay so i fudged on the quote :p)

3. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Well that would definately explain a lot. Also I agree a black and green background (The Matrix) is much more fitting for the environment of the IRC. I am using mIRC and have just changed all of the background to black and the text to green. Oh and that was actually cyphers quote, the guy who turned on everybody and almost prevented the Matrix from being a Trilogy (he almost unpluged Neo.) GGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrr!!!

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hehe for extended periods of time, red is much better cuz it doesnt mess with your nightvision... of course during the day a more contrasty-color would be more approrpriate hehe :)