1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it my disks?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ry004, Feb 29, 2004.

1. ry004

ry004 Member

Just started to backup dvds and they seem to work fine but in some dvd players the R- disk looses sound. and in both the +/- disk they don't work on my computer they are glitchy even though my computer is very good. is it the disks or what. and why wont they work on a ps2.(using pb disks)

2. beetleman

beetleman Member

The problem could be a number of things ranging from a missed step in the backup process to bad disks.

Instead of listing every posible problem, we'll start with some basic information.

1. Which software did you use to rip the original DVD?
    2. Which software did you use to remaster the DVD?
    3. Which software did you use to burn the new DVD?
    4. What DVD burner are you using?
    5. Computer CPU, Memory, Hard Drive information.
    6. What brand DVD-R's are you using?
    7. What players have you tried to view the DVD on?

This is the basic information needed for other users to help with your problem.

Additionally, a brief summery of the process you used to backup the DVD's.
    ie. I used the process shown in the [bold]Copy entire DVD-9 movie to a single DVD-R using DVD Shrink Guide.[/bold]

After you post this information, we shouldn't have much trouble correcting the problem.

By the way, check out this post.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/72399

Hope this helps.
    beetleman

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  3. ry004

ry004 Member

im am using, dvd decripter then the shrink software then i can burnit from there so i save it back onto my computer then burn it through roxio. tried nero but it doen't do what i want. this is probably where the problem is occuring, is there any others please suggest free ones not nero as it does some thing weird.
    cheers

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Nero is clashing w/ rubbish Roxio software is why you are having troubles...

Also DVD Shrink will rip for you , so there's no NEED to use DVD Decrypter (although it is a great ripper that I use all the time myself) !

You still didnt mention blank media used , so I will tell you that [bold]Ritek G04 DVDR[/bold] is a very trustworthy disc !;-)
    [view DVD Media Forum to check]