1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible for skips or glitches to be caused from the ios fies rather then the media?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ChuckD, Aug 23, 2004.

1. ChuckD

ChuckD Member

when i play a back up i just burned i get a few skips here and there ( im assuming its just cheap media).
    would it be ok to just reburn the ios onto a better dvd r instead of reshrinking it if i get skips?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Logic dictates that the copy can be no better than the source disc. Having said that you may want to run a surface scan on the copies and decide whether to rerip or simply do a straight copy based on the results.

Nero Info Tool and DVD Info Pro with both do surface scans :)

3. ChuckD

ChuckD Member

the originals never skip, im guessing its cheap media. i was just wondering if ios files ever cause problems

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

I misinterpereted your first post. You still have the ISO's on your hard drive and are just wanting to burn them to better quality media, correct?

If this is the case then no, there isn't anything inherently wrong with ISO format and you should be able to burn them fine :)