1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible! there isn't ripping software on the mac as good as the PC??

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by dahan, Nov 30, 2004.

1. dahan

dahan Member

I've been a mac user now for almost 10 years, and regarding any topic, my mac has always come out on top! against the PC.
    Now i have decided to start ripping a few dvds and for the first time i am finding that the MAC system doesn't have a top program to compete with! All i want to do is ripp any type of dvd and then burn it! Just like my neighbour does it on his PC in under 25 mins flat!
    Is it possible we don't have something as good or better?
    Is it possible the only way to do it is to have 3 different programs (1-rip it,2-compress it,3-burn it) do three different things!
    My neighbour is using 'dvd x copy platinum'. Can anyone out there help me find the 'super' dvd ripper for mac? I'm sick of my neighbour asking me, "do you want me to copy that for you?" . I CAN'T STAND HIM!!

2. drGeek

drGeek Member

Check out fastdvdcopy, which is a one click solution. The PC world has dvdshrink which is FREEWARE! Fast DVD Copy 3.1 is $99. You can download it at www.fastcopydvd.com and try it out (it will only delete copy protection, shrink, and burn one dvd in trial mode). Check it out and see if it works for your system and post a response...
    If it doesn't interest you, then you are looking at a three step process with three different programs.
    Good Luck

3. BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN Member

www.fastdvdcopy.com it is about the only one click dvd copying for mac. Unless someone else knows. There is popcorn(www.roxio.com) It doesnt however have copyright protection bypass. Fastdvdcopy does. 99 bucks you decide and it is slow. My powerbook g4 1.33 takes about 1 1/2 hours to do a dvd. Also while we on the subject does anyone know of a copy breaker for mac like for example I use anydvd on pc to use other programs.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member