1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to burn a DVD-/+R as a very long Red Book Audio CD?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by RobWh, Jan 23, 2005.

1. RobWh

RobWh Member

Im curious to know if it would be possible to burn a DVDR as a very long Red Book Audio CD. I assume that most dvd players do not know whether or not there are accessing dvd or cd media when they read a disk, they just look at the data coming at it and process it accordingly. So in theory, if you could burn the lead in and lead out ok, would it be possible to burn a four hour plus cd on a dvdr? Or am I missing a fundemental problem here? Or has it already happened?

Cheers!

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Given the plethora of responses, I'm going to guess nobody knows.

Did you do any searching for an answer to this before posting? (If not, shame on you.) I cut and paste the following from your post into google:

>possible to burn a DVDR as a very long Red Book Audio CD.

Naturally google is going to skip the short words. But doing so still came up with this hit, back to afterdawn of all places (imagine that):

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40902

Since I'm not an audiophile (hard to be, when one is hearing-challenged), it mostly geek to me, but there does seem to be some discussion of the difficulties of what you want to do in it.