1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to convert OGM to burn to DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RahXephon, May 11, 2004.

1. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

I have searched and haven't found any specific thread that relates to this, but I apologize if I've missed it, and I would very much appreciate a link to that thread.

I'm somewhat a newbie - use DVD Shrink/Decryptor/Copy2DVD frequently - and have recently d/l'ded some torrent files of Anime' that are OGM files, which I guess are container files of Xvid with OGG audio - or some such. Some of them are Matroska as well -- at any rate, I'd like to be able to convert them to burn to DVD -- any suggestions as to how I could go about doing so? Any help would be excellent - as I've scoured the net and found a lot of ambiguous and vague stuff that has served only to confuse me more.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I can't tell you the exact steps. I don't even have a OGM File.

VirtualDubMod can take your OGM file and make separate AVI video and WAV audio files.
    TMPGEnc or TPMGEnc Plus or Main Concept MPG Encoder can take those files and encode to DVD compliant MPEG-2.
    Then author your DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author or DVD Lab.

3. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

Veblin - I discovered this just about the time you were answering my post -- and you're exactly right. You can demux audio or save directly as WAV file, then re-select the audio-file you want to interleave with the OGM file already open in VirtualDubMod - when you save as AVI - you have HQ audio! Roxio or Super DVD Ripper should be albe to encode them to VOB files for me - if not, I'll try TMPGEnc as you suggest. DVD-lab looks cool too, I like being able to create chapters as an option. Thanks for your help!

4. jkkl135

jkkl135 Member

im sry I got really confused during this but im in the same case as your I downloaded some anime through a torrent and they are in ogm files. and what you said is really confusing to me. is there anyway somebody could explain that a little simpler? thanks