1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to downgrade my psp 3.52 using Pandoras W/O the use of another psp??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TheJman99, Jan 5, 2008.

1. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

Since the summer, i have been checky in now and then.. each time praying to find a 3.52 downgrader. So far my dream has not come true. So my question is this. i know what pandoras batter is, but i was wondering if there is a way to downgrade my psp 3.52ofw without the use of another psp?

2. manny2564

manny2564 Member

Get a spare battery and do the pandora battery mod and then you format a spare memory stick using Pandora's Battery Gui and presto.

3. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

But can i run pandoras battery on my 3.52 psp? i thought it only worked with custom firmware?

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can't run the pandora INSTALLER on your 3.52. pandora's battery works on ALL psp's.

5. manny2564

manny2564 Member

I just did mine but you need the battery first. I went to a local shop and bought a used battery. I opened it did the hard mod,(search the forums for instructions) the I used the Pandora's Box Gui and this formated the memory stick, then when I put the battery in It downgraded to 1.5 from there you can Install the custom firmware.

Find the gui here
    http://my96soft.com/psp2/2007/09/pandora-s-box-guirar.html

6. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

alright get a battery... mod it.. download pandora.... make mms sound about right?

7. manny2564

manny2564 Member

Yes
    Go here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610248 and scroll down it shows you what you have to do to the battery.

the link I left above downloads the gui that will make the memory stick but it has to be larger than 32mb and smaller than 2 gb.

After the memory stick is made pop in the battery the psp will power up on it's own and you will be promted to downgrade to 1.50 and from there there are stickies with instructions on upgrading to custom firmware.

8. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

ok thx im gonna go get a battery the first chance i get. I sure hope this works

9. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

Hey another quick question.. im having trouble lifting the pin of hte battery... can osme1 plz send me a tutorial or name a tol i can use?"?? is the pin supposed to come off?

10. manny2564

manny2564 Member

For a complete tutorial use the search but I used a nail and just made sure that there was separation between the board and the battery.

11. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

ok i managed to lift it off the board... but it is not powering the psp.. and wierder yet... wen i hook the charger up to the psp with the battery in it it blinks orange for about half a second... then goes off.. and keeps repeating.. did i do something wrong? is my battery fried?

12. manny2564

manny2564 Member

Your supposed to get the green light once u pop the battery in if not try charging the battery it will only downgrade to 1.50 if the battery is about 80 % charged.

13. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

OK! the battery wokred and im all set.. i only have one more question... i have installed 3.71 m33, but my qustion is should i downgrade to 1.50? can someone plz tell me which is the best fw to have? and also can some1 send me a tutorial for 3.71 everytime i try to run homebrew apps it says the game could not be starrted thx in advance

14. manny2564

manny2564 Member

Good to hear I helped being that I am a noob my self. As for the best firmware your there already and about the homebrew I suggest searching the forums as I only use mine to play iso's.

15. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

alright thx man ya u were a big help... i guess ill just fiddle with it until i learn my way around