1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to emulate a Windows opersting system on a PSP?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pspluvr, Mar 16, 2007.

1. pspluvr

pspluvr Regular member

We hear of all this talk about game emulation of different consoles, PSX games, and games you play on the computer, but what if someone were able to emulate a Windows operating system? Would you need to emulate the latest version of DOS as well? Is that even possible?

Or maybe not just Windows? What about any other GUI? I mean other than the one the PSP uses?

2. psp_crazy

psp_crazy Member

Yes, actually, you can! A hacker has found out a way of emulating Windows 95 on the PSP. It takes about 10 minutes to load, but it works pretty good...I've tried it. It's pretty cool!

Here's the link for instructions and files:
    http://www.hacker.co.il/psp/bochs/

Your welcome.

3. pspluvr

pspluvr Regular member

I'll thank you when I'm actually able to try it.

Okay, okay, thank you! Can't wait till I finally see on a Google search: Dark_AleX releases 3.11 downgrader!

4. psp_crazy

psp_crazy Member

glad to help!

5. pspluvr

pspluvr Regular member

Wow. I've seen the screenshots, and it looks pretty good. Man, you can do some amazing things when you make your PSP able to run emulations!