1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to emulate the DS on the psp?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by chaosnova, May 3, 2007.

1. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

Title: that would be so cool guys. Note to admins: sorry about the multiple posts, but I couldn't hold this one... I really want to play Pokemon.

2. Almakra

Almakra Guest

um i very much doubt it...
    the point of an emulator is to emulate the hardware of an lesser console purely on software alone - so you would need software as powerful or more than the console you want to emulate.

so

obviously, the hardware that is being emulated has to be that much lesser to able to be run entirely on the software of the faster console - for instance; you could not emulate an xbox on a super nintendo, the idea in itself is ridiculous!

for the same reason that the xbox cannot emulate the ps2 - because they are too similar in hardware ie: speed cpu graphics etc and the xbox would not have the power to cope with the amount of data being emulated purely by software

which is why its easy to emulate the earlier consoles because theyre hardware is so simple in comparison

correct me if im wrong someone cos ive never heard of an emulator for the DS on a psp - and i do not expect it will ever be possible! unless they bring out a PSP2!!

3. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

no there isn't. there is one for pc that runs pokemon - NO$GBA

4. pecavuk

pecavuk Guest

NO$GBA is for GBA,not NDS.I use DeSMume for NDS ROMs

5. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

peca... I dled N$GBA and it runs NDS... but it's extremely slow,

do any of you know how to get an emulator that runs NDS smoothely throughout?

6. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

it is the best one out there right now, so use it or forget about it

and pecavuk, it runs ds, as well as gba. i don't know why it has a gba in the name though

Last edited: May 8, 2007