1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to fool EB?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by CrazyK, Aug 19, 2004.

1. CrazyK

CrazyK Member

I have an old PS2 which is in bad condition. The warranty tape has been cut a bit by a exacto knife in order to open it. Is it possible to trade it in without many questions asked?

2. dark_in

dark_in Regular member

well, it is old like you said, so the warrenty is probably expired already. I know my version 2, I got about 3 years or go or so, I dont remember, has a void warrenty since it passed the warrenty time. I heard that sony doesnt mind if the warrenty is off, just send it in and pay a fee I believe. Can anyone confirm this? good luck.

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

When I destroyed my old v4 unit trying to mod it Sony stated that they would not even look at it if the sticker was tampered with in any way. In their words they said "it's no longer a PS2 if the warranty sticker is damaged."

4. CrazyK

CrazyK Member

With Sony out of the picture, can I try it with EB?

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

They usually check the stickers very carefully because Sony won't let them send the defect units back if the sticker is tampered with.

6. CrazyK

CrazyK Member

I'll still try it though.

7. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

did you knew about tthis, SONY is repairing ps2 that having dre (disc read error)for free....
    my friend did this...he call and ask something about the dre problem.....and told he is having it.. and saying that it cant read any disc so what sony did told solution... after that my friend do everything what sony said to him... then sony offer a free repair... they only ask him few question... and they said to nim jsut sent ur ps2 here... and will repair it for free.....

8. CrazyK

CrazyK Member

Was his warranty sticker off?

9. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

NO and his warranty is expired for a loonng loonng time..... i think that sony is playing tricks on other ps2 user cuz they let them pay for the ps2 dre problem...

just when they ask they u modified or open ur ps2...say no and if they ask did u drop ur ps2, just say no... just say no....
    just say "my ps2 doesnt read any cd or dvds games and dvd movies when i turn on my ps2 while reading my cd or dvd its keeps saying disc read error. i didnt do anything to it... its 2 yrs from now since i bought it and having no problem and now im having this problem....DONT SAY I DROP IT OR DO ANY MODIFICATION ON PS2. then ask what should they do.... there gonna tell that it need to be repair.... then ask if thers a payment for it..... if they say yes.....tell to them why i should pay for it, lot of my friends and other user around world tell on a forum there having DISC READ ERROR..... they said this dre problem is really exist eventhough u dont do anything to ur ps2.....
    then try to ask of there gonna fix it for free.... if this works....(NOTE; sony know all about this dre problem on older ps2 version....)
    NEWer version of ps2 9-10 is not having this problem dre
    but sony again to do other problem on ps2, so ps2 user dont know the cause..the problem is thers a defective part on ps2.... what this do after the defective part is dead or blown... it will then begin NOT READING DVD and CD....so the solution is to call sony to repair it, but theyre gonna let you pay for it......so again persuade them by telling the story first then problem... just persuade them that u dont do anything to it or just say it begin not reading disc...TIP: persuade them... until they say yes... its away to get free fix....

I HOPE THAT SONY DONT DO THIS ON PS3.....
    if does i wont buy anymore sony products....
    ill buy xbox instead....
    xbox is cool system and dont have problems on console, this what should sony do... not making profits on repairs....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2004
  10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

that was a very long post for something that is not going to work since his warranty sticker is cut.

11. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Good One Sly!!!!!!!!!!

Have faith in yourself in fixing your own PS2. I myself am a yahoo and I have modded, fixed the fan, cleaned the laser, adjusted the cog wheel and pots, etc. all myself. You can Do It! Look on the web for diagrams of your system. Get a small tipped screwdriver and disect!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  12. CrazyK

CrazyK Member

Where can I find out on how to fix it by myself on this site?

13. Jerman

Jerman Member

I just read a pretty intensive guide, I can't remember where though, I'll post it when I find it.