1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to have multiple themes on PSP?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by dEEz_nUtz, Jul 10, 2007.

1. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I have the black32 theme on my PSP right now, and I picked up a theme pack from QJ with a bunch of themes and icon sets-I was wondering what other people are using so they can have multiple themes installed at once and just select them through a menu?

Does that theme cycler work? or is there any better apps out there that you guys are using?

Thanks

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

it is possible to merge many themes (ie. background from 1 theme, icons from another, volume bar from another, etc)
    i am personally using black32, but am looking for better icons ( i dont much like these ones)
    no idea bout theme cycler, i am happy with one theme.

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah, thats kinda what I figured...I'm not too keen about the icons and font that comes pre-packaged with that black32 theme either..I have been playing around with the different icons and volume bars and such..I did find a thing called "PSP-DeFlasher Edition No-Limits v5.5 - for 3.40-OE" on QJ.net-from the looks of it, you can put more than one theme on your PSP..I am trying to figure out how you would do that though when you can only usually do a single rco at a time normally. I just switched over to the gears of war theme, and its pretty cool...

**EDIT** *update* I think I figured it out-that program runs off of your memstick,(homebrew) and all the different rco's are in seperate folders, thus allowing the theme switching...I guess you can add themes also..!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  4. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

some themes would come in folders. the FONT would go in FONT in your PSP flash 0 u can put any FONT you want in there that was form another theme. and things like battery icon, menu icons, gameboots, boot sounds all go in vsh/resoarce folder in your FLASH 0.

i didnt like the font mine came with the theme so i pput my own font. search up "Birdman Font Pack v11" and u should find that theres alot of fonts to choose form. and i didnt like my gameboot ( the one when you start a game) so i changed it into this gameboot where theres slashes of blood the makes an X and was form prince of persia.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  5. beatz

beatz Regular member

there is a topmenu cycler i could put up a tut for it if u want its onyly for topmenu icons and it changes it each time u can customize everything else

6. malinki

malinki Regular member

search for cxmb.prx and random_icons.prx, both run from the seplugins folder.

CXMB is a xmb ran entirely from MS, Random Icons runs alongside cxmb and will change your topmenu every time you start the PSP up.

There is no limit on the amount of topmenus you can have on the MS and it also has the advantage of not messing with the PSP flash

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@pspjunior-Yeah I have that font pack too-I think it was included in the big package I got from QJ-Then it has seperate folders for all of the different icons, volume bars, etc..So you can mix and match..

@beatz-is that topmenu cycler an app that runs from the MS? Because I think that would be the only way you could get more than one theme or set of icons at a time on your PSP. otherwise you have to overwrite-copy/paste everytime you want to change something.

@malinki-I will look into that also, I imagine that is similar to that PSP DE-flasher I was talking about earlier..everything just runs from the MS and you can have multiple icon sets at a time...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys...I will look into those options also...