1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to install a PSP game through a eboot.pbp file?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by dly2010, Nov 15, 2010.

1. dly2010

dly2010 Member

I dont have CFW and have OFW 6.20. I am wondering if its possible to download the file send it to your PSP through your computer and install like an update or something like that. Can someone please help me?

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

No, that is not possible. The games come as .iso files or .cso files, not eboots. Also if you could "install it like an update" that would mean you would install it to flash, erasing your operating system and bricking your PSP, rendering it useless if you have a later 2k or a 3k.

3. dly2010

dly2010 Member

Oh I thought so, because I have heard about people changing PSX games to eboot files to play them. Either way, its only possible with a PSP 2k or 3k right or you would still not be able to play it?

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You don't install these games as eboots, they run as eboots with the built-in PS1-emulator. Also this only works if you are on Custom Firmware, so with 6.20 OFW you won't be able to play these either, exept if you bought and downloaded them from the PSN, and then you would only be able to play them with the PSP linked to this account you bought them with.
    If it was that easy why would everyone go through all that hustle with CFW and so on?

5. dly2010

dly2010 Member

Oh ok, thanks for the help. Kinda a dissapointment though. But oh well. Thanks again.