1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to install a third dvd burner

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by barcia99, Jan 14, 2007.

1. barcia99

barcia99 Member

hi all was just wondering if it was possible to install a third dvd burner on a single pc. i have two liteons and want to hook up my new lg GSA-H10N also. im just not sure how or how to set jumpers if needed. also im having issues with my 160 p6s, when i eject the discs they seem to hang up after the drawer opens approx half way, the disc is up out of the tray. any suggestions. thanks, mike

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

If you have a spare IDE connection then yes. Some motherboards limit you to a combination of one SATA and one IDE channel, two SATAs only, or two IDEs only. I believe my Socket 478 motherboard does not have such a limitation, so it would work in mine. YMMV.

As for your Litey's tray hanging up, check if there is something caught under the tray or inside the unit, which may cause the problem you are having. Otherwise, I'd replace it.

3. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    Your motherboard may let you add another DVDRW. As for settings. Usually HD Primary Master then ODD's Primary Slave/Secondary Master/Secondary Slave.
    If necessary you can add a PCI card to enable more drives to be added. For opticals it's easier if you get a non-raid card.(Less likelyhood of compatability probs.)

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You could also stick the drive in an external case and connect with USB.