1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to put PLAYABLE music onto a blank DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by acoolguy, May 14, 2007.

1. acoolguy

acoolguy Member

I was really wanting to put several CDs on one blank disk, and i have quite a few blank DVDs laying around. Is there a program that will allow you to load up a blank DVD with music that will play in some CD players? Please respond as soon as you can, i would like to do this for my mother's birthday comming up. Thank you!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you can make an MP3 DVD with Nero but you would have to check to see if your player can play MP3s. Read the manual. I never made a disk that was CD on DVD.....but my player plays MP3s and I can put over a thousand or so songs on a DVD! Plays great on computer or my player through my surround sound!

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It sounds like you're asking if you can make a DVD that's playable in a CD player. If so, the answer is no. CD players aren't physically capable of reading DVDs.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I know that acoolguy asked if a recorded music on a DVD can play on a CD player..... but...... it's assumed that most players now-a-days play both!