1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to rip GTA Vice CIty Radio Station audio tracks?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Madcapper, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

It looks like the audio tracks in the pc version of Vice City, the ones that are played on the Vice City radio stations, are contained in several .ADF files (one .ADF file for each radio station). Does anyone know if it's possible to rip these tracks to a .WAV or .MP3?

2. Jimbab

Jimbab Member

-Newbie alert-

I'd like to know as well. I think .ADF is a proprietary format, isn't it?

3. deviq

deviq Member

Hey I can only think of one option
    There is a software called total recorder which will record whatever playing on your computer to .wav files.
    This method is a little crude but what the heck.

dEV
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]dHomerBoy[/small]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

but there is one problem, i'm nt totally sure what a .adf file is. sometimes its just the same old wav or ADPCM with .adf is just in the header to hide it from people like you. :p

if its a totally its own format, like the playstation XA stream, you'll need to decode it. which is useless even using the recorder deviq said as you still can't play it.

try using an extractor software from nova

http://www.volny.cz/nova-software

there is a free version and a pay version.
    run it.

i don't have GTA, but for playstation 2 games with dolby digiital approved is in AC3, so if GTA is in surround, it could be in ac3.

on the downside the extractor in the free version that i know of don't detect ac3. try looking in the pay version.

5. deviq

deviq Member

No the software I said is TOTAL recorder so it records nething u play on your comp. So you can switch it on and run GTA VC and thats it u got it all recorded up into a wav file .

I played GTA VC a long time ago (completed it ;)) but if i am not wrong after esc if u go into options to select radio station it plays the radio station while in the menu That wud give u relatively good quality of sound As it records into .wav it wud be damn easy to edit a file

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

oh, forgot about that. silly me, but serching through some forum,

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=13

led me to a better solution, the thread is about ripping out ps2 pss files, but one of the link brought to the jackpot.

BGM2WAV, http://www.megagames.com/ps2/ps2_utils_audio.shtml
    the audio is in .BGM format, you can change this, sometimes the BGM is wrapped or hidden in .Bin or .ADX.

download the ps2 audio converter gui if you want the gui interface.

.....i just notice this Madcapper posted .ADF, but its worth a ty. it is a port from playstation

8. fearandir

fearandir Member

9. Jimbab

Jimbab Member

Yo adoras tĂș! Curse my crappy high school Spanish. Oh well, thanks for the program!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]- ["Do unto others before they do unto you." --Igor] -[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  10. Jimbab

Jimbab Member

Correction post, how do I delete this?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]- ["Do unto others before they do unto you." --Igor] -[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  11. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

Thanks for the feedback. It's been a while since I've had net access so I wasn't able to follow up on this. I'm going to try out a few of these suggestions and post another reply if I can figure out something that works, for anybody else that might be curious.