1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to unmod a soft-modded xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Gavrilo, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Gavrilo

Gavrilo Member

to return it to factory settings/LIVE-capable?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you installed the softmod correctly you should have been able to 'Dual Boot'. 'Dual Booting' allows you to run the stock dash (Live capable) and the custom modded dash at the same time.

Anyway, to unsoftmod, just start the softmod process again and click on 'Uninstall Softmod'

[​IMG]

3. Gavrilo

Gavrilo Member

I haven't done it yet (still waiting for delivery of an action replay)

But let me get this straight, with Dual-booting, can you be on Xbox Live without being detected and banned by MS? most of the tuts I've read said otherwise.

Thanks for the help

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No! If you're banned, you're banned via the eeprom.

I'll clarify:

When you softmod correctly "Dual Boot" you effectively install 'Two' dashes, the OEM M$ Dash and the modded one.

The M$ dash stays in the C:\ whilst the modded dash (Evox, UnleashX, etc) stay in E:\

If you boot the Xbox via the 'Power' Button (Small button) it will boot the modded dash. If you connect to Xbox Live you WILL be banned!

However, if you boot the Xbox via the 'Eject' button (Large button) the M$ Dash will load and the Xbox will appear and play like an unmodded Xbox. You can use Live from here with original games only, as backups will not work (unmodded).

Follow???

5. Gavrilo

Gavrilo Member

directly, crystal clear. thanks again

6. blaqout

blaqout Member

does it matter what Windows Edition your pc has. Ex: 98(reg or ME), 2000, xp.

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Windows Edition for what? This is Xbox?

8. 307suzuki

307suzuki Member

never mind problem solved i axedentally deleted all my saved games though do i have to pay for the map packs for halo and battlefield again though?

9. dide_101

dide_101 Member

In the same lines is there a snowball's chance of getting windows 98 on the xbox just curious on what extent I can mod this xbox

10. corn

corn Guest

No. I believe hes talking about what version he uses to get the saves, or FTP. No, I don't believe it does. I don't know. You could maybe get them another way...

11. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

I installed AID many years ago. I really dont have a clue what version is installed. I assume its best to update AID to the latest version, then run the uninstaller?

Well I grabbed the updater, put it on a Verbatim DVD+R(Book Type DVD-ROM-Region Free - Which the Xbox reads AVI files off of just fine in XBMC) and a HP DVD-R but dont know if i built the image correct, and what needs to be in the image file anyways. I more or less renamed the rar to an iso and burned, but it always launches to the dash. How do i boot to AID so i can remove the softmod?

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Why are you removing the Softmod exactly? There's no point!