1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to update dashboard via usb without having to flash back to stock?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Jaimbo66, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Jaimbo66

Jaimbo66 Member

My 360 is currently flashed with LT 1.92 and the dashboard is 2.0.13146.0 on a 250gb slim i just purchased.

I tried to play NHL 12 and Madden 12 backups and for both i received the message telling me an update was mandatory before playing. I know it's extremely likely that OK'ing this update will cause all kinds of issues so after reading a bunch of posts i was just curious if the following is possible.

In other threads i've found the links to the 13599 dashboard update that can be downloaded and installed via usb. Is it possible to install this type of file update without it affecting my LT 1.92?

I don't know enough to be able to flash it myself so if i can avoid having to make another trip to the mod shop it would much appreciated!

Thanks

2. coorva

coorva Regular member

if you update to 13599,,it will reflash you drive to stock and lock it,so you cannot reflash the drive to any firmware,

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  3. Jaimbo66

Jaimbo66 Member

ok thank you for the help...it's going back to the shop first thing tomorrow and i'll demand they set it up properly this time.

4. Acolon1

Acolon1 Member

I hate to disagree. I update via usb after dead island putmy 360 into the update loop. After completing the update to 13599 i got my drive key using the ck3 probe three as the drive had been flashed t a 025c from and 83850 v1. And am now on the ltplus 1.91 running my back up of dead island.

5. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

^^Are you talking about a fat 360 though? Cos the OP is talking about a slim.

coorva is right. 13599 flashes the slim drives to a new stock firmware (0272) and locks them. That's probably why the console was sold to the OP with an older dashboard on it, cos the person flashing them knows that if he updated the dashboard, it would be much more difficult to flash. Of course, the side effect of that is you can't play any games that have a newer dashboard update on the disc.