1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Toodles9, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Toodles9

Toodles9 Member

I recently downloaded a game and burnt it to CD.

I used AR2, and a slide card and swapped the discs round normally. Only when I went to play it, it wouldn't work. I got on the net and found out that you can't use the AR2 to boot a disc that is bigger than the AR2. So I checked the size of the game I am trying to boot (Smack Down Here Comes The Pain) and surely enough it is roughly 200MB bigger than the AR2.

Now I want to get a swap magic disc set, cause I hear that with them you can boot anything, regardless of size. But the problem is that everywhere seems to be sold out of them.

I was looking on the net for a place that sells them when I came across a thread on this board where someone said something along the lines of "I would get an AR2. because if you use it properly it can boot ANYTHING." I dunno if this person was just saying it, or if he really meant that there is a way to boot up a copied CD which is bigger than the AR2.

So, if there is a way, could someone please tell me cause I really want to play this game, and with no where to buy the Swap Magic Disc set from, I am a little stuck here.

On the other hand, if anyone knows of a reliable site where I can get Swap Magic from (in stock), then please do post the link. :)

Thanks in advance for your replies,
    Toodles.

2. skyline22

skyline22 Member

www.psxservices.co.uk/shop if ur from the uk

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

That is your problem, and if you want help ask elsewhere becuase it is not allowed here.

4. Toodles9

Toodles9 Member

Sos.. didn't know...