1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kuzzo, Dec 12, 2004.

1. kuzzo

kuzzo Member

i am a newbie, and i want to know if it is it possible to burn and play games without Mod chip?
    Is there a way i can possibly download a boot disc or something?

2. okboz

okboz Regular member

The simple answer is no. You need to buy a pressed swap disc to be able to boot backed up ps2 games. That is the only way to play them without a modchip

boz

3. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

well, there is one other way but it wouldnt be worth the risk. here it is, but WARNING, this could cause serious damage to your ps2.

open it up, like flip it upside down and undo the screws. then flip back up and remove cover. over the disc tray is a black thing with like 4 screw, unscrew them. then, to play a burned game, load a ps2 game. after is says Playstation.2 and then goes black, remove the top and take out the disk and replace with the burned disc. then replace the top of the tray. do all that very t loosly with something so it doesnt get dusty.

but, i would strongly suggest NOT doing that! i was just putting that on there so as to mabye scare you away, seeing as you may not have tech smarts. what you could do is just get this, the second one down on this page:

http://www.swapnslide.com/slidecard.html

rustyfanz recomended it, thankz rustyfanz!