1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it safe to update my flashed drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Shay10000, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Shay10000

Shay10000 Member

I have a legit copy of Halo Reach and my Xbox 360 DVD drive is flashed with LT+ v1.1 (i have a Lite-On DG-16D2S. I haven't gone online since April 5 2011 when the updates for the new disc format XGD3 and so I haven't updated the console. And yes, i understand i wont be able to play backups after the update!

If i was to accept the five updates (according to Wikipedia as of 4th of June) and attempted to play Reach, would my console get banned? or would i only get banned if i updated and then played a copied disc?

thanks in advance

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

You wont get banned if you upgrade but your backups wont work as your drive fw is flashed to a new stock fw. Since the new version of jungleflasher 0.1.83 has been released, so if you are really desperate to play backups then you can reflash your drive fw back to LT+1.1 but its not recommended if your playing live

3. kolonia

kolonia Member

I have same issue here, when I put crysis 2 and ac brotherhood, they asked for an update to play, I pressed yes and the dashboard was tottaly changed, is that meen that I wont play any old backup games?