1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it still worth modding my slim PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by miltonap, Apr 22, 2007.

1. miltonap

miltonap Member

I mean, when do you think the games are going to discontinue. Do you think I should just wait and look ahead to the PS3? It's all about when they're going to stop making games because if I screw up while doing the tape and tissue mod, I'm done. Thanks for any answers

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Honestly, I say do it. I've done so and haven't regretted the decision since. If you look at how the PS2 is faring, there's no reason to think the PS2 will be discontinued anytime soon and if you're an avid fan like me who likes or has always wanted to play import games, then you have yet to explore a wealth of games from Japan overseas. Plus, if you play games as often as I have, you can easily spend hundreds of hours in games like RPGs you have yet to play remaining on the PS2 like VP:S, So3, FF12, DQ8, X1 and X3, the NIS games e.g. Disgaea, and a whole lot of imports like Kh2:FM+. However, if you don't play much games, I still don't see why not, but, if you seldom do play and not play a variety of games too, then I say neglect your decision to mod it and get a 360. The PS3 ain't gonna be worth it for a few years, until a recent price drop, more exclusives, and or a lineup of killer games to buy.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

depends, if you can get into a good private site you could still get a hold of quite a few PS2 games to play on a modded system.